Sunday, March 4, 2012

Movie Reviews with halochief996: Project X

Project X


I love parties. Ever since I've been at college, I've been to a lot of parties. And they are fun, entertaining, and great places to hook up. *wink, wink* When I saw the trailer for Project X, I was like going a high school party that almost looks like a party I would see in college. I really want to see that. I mean it looks like they are raging hard. Yeah why wasn't I invited bro?

Plot: Alright so there is high school teen named Thomas Cub (Thomas Mann). He is the not so popular kid at school. As his dad says a loser. What a d!@K@s$ dad. Anyway his best friend Costa (Oliver Cooper) convinces him to throw an epic party at his house. Anyway Thomas parents are away for the weekend because its their honeymoon and they don't want to celebrate their son's birthday. Yeah anniversary and birthday on the same day. Amazing. Anyway the party is going OK, until more and more guests show up, and the party starts rocking and gets totally out of control. Hot chicks, drug abusers, alcoholics, hardcore party people and a midget. Yep the guest list keeps going up. The party gets out of control. The story sounds boring, but its fairly interesting. I mean really you aren't going to care much about the story until the very end when the party is over. Its a good coming of age story filled with bad behavior.

Genre: Its a party, comedy movie. And let me tell you, its an awesome party. NOW WHY THE HELL WASN'T I INVITED. IN FACT WHY WEREN'T WE ALL INVITED. I mean here is the thing, the movie kind of makes you think about your previous life as a high school student like what if. What if I threw a party like that in high school. Or where was I when a party like this was going on. Let me tell you, I highly doubt any high school student could pull off a party like this unless they had a fake ID and plenty of money. But still the movie makes you kind of jealous and mad that you weren't at this party. Oh well in my opinion no high school student could pull off a party like that, kind of unrealistic. Maybe a college party could be like that. Anyway the acting is descent, with kids bad mouthing and acting all cool. Costa is really a character. He is funny, and just says the craziest things. Now the thing that bothers me the most is some of the scenes are filmed using a documentary style camera, which in my opinion is annoying and can sometimes make you dizzy or confused. But most of the scenes are what you would see at a typical party. People getting high off drugs, dancing to the DJ music, doing crazy stunts, getting drunk, making out, and basically disturbing the peace. You know what that happens in college too. Except parties don't get so out of hand to the point that the cops have to show up in riot gear. Also there are naked chicks.

Overall: One of the most interesting party movies, I've ever seen. Crazy and dirty fun. You will either get a laugh at it, or get grossed out by it. Either way it will make you think about your life. In a way I kind of don't like this movie because one I'm jealous that I wasn't invited, and two the next thing you know, there are going to be several crazy parties showing up trying to be like Project X. Probably hosted by some nerd or geek who wants to be popular just for one night. A bad influence on kids. Yep my college is probably going to have one. But at least a house or building won't burn down and the police won't have to show up in riot gear.

7.5 out of 10


Asian Star of the Week

Choi Yu Jung 최유정

You know I've seen many beautiful Korean girls. Who wants to go with me on a trip to Korea?











Anyway that's it for this blog. RAGE SAFELY PEOPLE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment