Saturday, March 24, 2012

Movie Reviews with halochief996: The Hunger Games

Man its been hell after I got back from Spring break. So much homework and stuff to do for school. Very stressful. Man but that's what college is about right?

Yeah anyway well as for as my gaming goes. I've been getting back into Shogun 2 Total War with their new Expansion Fall of the Samurai.

Its addicting, I've already put in a lot of hours. Hopefully I will find Tom Cruise somewhere in this game.

Anyway, also got Resident Evil Operation Racoon City.

Yeah let's just say Resident Evil 6 will be better than this.

Lets get to the big review shall we.


The Hunger Games


Around my school, around my city, on the TV, and even on my computer, this movie has been advertised multiple times. I mean many people have been telling me OMG it looks so awesome. Going to be as good as the book. I mean this movie was hyped up. It looked interesting and also Taylor Swift contributed to the soundtrack with her song Safe and Sound and Eyes Open. I like Taylor Swift.

Plot: The story is based off the novel by Suzanne Collins. I'll be honest,I've never read the book, so I have no idea if the story follows true to the book. Here's the story based off just what I've seen in the movie. Once upon a time there was a country like the United States. Washington D.C. is called the Capitol which is where the main seat of power resides. Also instead of 50 states there are 12 districts. And the rule of government in a way is almost like a mix between republic and dictatorship. Anyway there was a civil war, where some of the districts rebelled, and the capitol and the supporting districts had to subdue them. In the end, the capitol won. Now to prevent another civil war from happening, the capitol has created a contest called The Hunger Games. Basically each of the 12 districts has to pay tribute, by sending 2 people (one male, one female) to the Capitol where they will compete in a contest of survival. Basically 24 kids going at each other with knives, swords, bows, and nature. All in a natural wilderness arena. Bloody, cruel, and intense. The people usually sent in are teens and young adults. This contest is ment to keep the other districts in line and make them understand that the Capitol is in charge and will provide. In district 12, one girl Katniss Everdeen volunteers to compete in The Hunger Games, after her sister is chosen to compete. Also the guy chosen is Peeta Mellark. They go to the Capitol where they are treated like royalty and train for the upcoming game. Will they survive or will they die? I have not read the book, but its an interesting story. I liked it, and it kept me interested all the way.

Genre: Action, adventure, drama, some sci-fi, and some romance. All I have to say its executed well. The action is intense and keeps you hooked. I mean we are talking about teens and young adults fighting for survival and only one of them is can survive. Survival of the fittest. The design of the world is also really remarkable. Each district looks likes a very old run down village or town. I mean food is not really plentiful and each district has their own unique resource that they must provide for the capitol and the other districts. So District 12 is a coal mine town so you'll see carts full of coal, houses made of wood with black smudges, and the people in coal mine gear. Then you see the capitol which is like this futuristic, clean, modern city with interesting clothes. Kind of makes it hard to determine who is a guy and who is a girl with all the elaborate make up and clothes. Presents the idea of a very superficial society. Kudos to the costume designers, visual artists, and setting creators. The only thing that bugs me is sometimes the camera zooms in really close on characters and gets a little shakey when its that zoomed in. But I get used to it. Acting is also superb, dramatic and not really fake.

Overall: I was really annoyed at seeing all the commercials and hearing people talk about this film. I mean heck I know some people who spent their whole spring break reading the book. You know what after watching this film. I kind of want to read the book. I'm also thinking to myself maybe I should've read the book first before watching this film. Oh well it was still a good movie. I'm very impressed.

10 out of 10


Asian Star of the Week

Han Ga-In (한가인, 韩佳人)

Another beautiful actress and model from South Korea. This one too bad is already married, but hey if she was single...Anyway she is pretty.








Well that's it for this weeks blog. See you guys soon and happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment