Sunday, March 18, 2012

Movie Reviews with halochief996: 21 Jump Street plus Casa de mi Padre

Well Spring break is almost over for me, and I have to say I had a lot of fun. From playing video games, watching movies, doing some homework, and having fun. Yeah you can say I was productive during Spring Break. Moving on.

Casa De Mi Padre


Did I ever tell you Will Ferrell came to my school. Yeah apparently he visited my school to show off his new Casa de mi Padre. Yeah it sucks that I missed it, but whatever. People told me he was hilarious. I wish I was there. Anyway Will Ferrell is really funny. I mean he is hilarious. Every time I see his movies, I always get a good laugh. When I saw the trailer for this film, I was hooked. I mean its Will Ferrell talking in Spanish. This has to be a funny movie right?


Plot: The plot is pretty easy to understand even without English subtitles. Will Ferrell is Armando Alvarez, a dumb rancher in Mexico. Anyway his brother comes home to Mexico with a beautiful girl to ask his father for his permission to marry. However Armando is suspicious of his brother. And it turns out he is not really in Mexico to get married. Instead he is trying to take out his rival in the drug business, Onza. Its up to Armando to save his family's reputation and undo his brother's wrongdoings. Its a passionate story. Nothing really creative, but its pretty intense. Well it acts like its pretty intense.


Genre: Its a comedy movie. And its pretty funny to a point. I mean at first its hilarious because its Will Ferrell and he is speaking Spanish. But after a while it gets kind of dry and a little boring. I mean the other thing about this film is that it looks like a very cheaply made film. Its on purpose and its pretty funny, from weird mannequins to weird background settings to electronic animals. There is always something to chuckle about in this film, but other than that, the movie soon becomes tiring. And the only thing you can really laugh at is Will Ferrell speaking Spanish. The actors give good dramatic performances, and Will Ferrell can speak Spanish pretty well. Other than that there is some action and romance. And in a way this movie is kind of a musical. There is a lot of singing. And its in Spanish. And Will Ferrell is a good singer even in Spanish.

Overall: An interesting comedy film. I enjoyed the film and got a few laughs. Will Ferrell was pretty funny in this film. Like I said at the beginning its pretty funny, but after a while it becomes pretty much a grind and you will end up having a few chuckles. Of coarse there is some action and romance, but its not serious. More like dramatic. If you want a different kind of movie that is out of the norm. Check this film out.

7 out of 10


21 Jump Street


Channing Tatum, he has some good movies and some bad movies. I kind of see him as an action actor after seeing him in G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra and Haywire. Other than that he is especially good eye candy to girls. Jonah Hill on the other hand is funny and is pretty cool. So combine these 2 actors and you get 21 Jump Street, a pretty hilarious film.


Plot: This movie is based on an old TV show that aired from 1987 to 1991 starring Johnny Depp. From what I've read it was a pretty good show, and the movie is pretty similar to the show. Basically 2 cops, Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Jenko (Channing Tatum) are really young and immature. After failing to arrest a biker gang member with drugs because somebody forgot to read him his Miranda rights, Jenko and Schmidt are assigned to a new police unit run by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) on 21 Jump Street. The police unit's specialty is to go undercover as high school students. Its up to Schmidt and Jenko to go undercover as high school students and make a big drug bust before the drug reaches other high schools and makes high school students OD. Its a funny story, and it has some great moments and twists. In a way it follows true to the plot formula that was set by the TV show.


Genre: Its a really funny movie. I had good laugh from beginning to end. I mean there are so many stereotypes about teen life, police work, drugs, school, and parties that makes this movie really funny. Channing Tatum can be a funny guy and Jonah Hill can be a really cool guy. Their acting performances are superb along with Ice Cube (who is also really funny) and the other actors. The few action scenes in the film are also nicely done with really funny events involving big explosions.


Overall: A very funny movie. Channing Tatum can be a really funny guy and Jonah Hill is still awesome. I had a good laugh from beginning to end. Don't take this movie seriously, just enjoy it and laugh at it.

8 out of 10


Asian Star of the Week
Park Soo Kyung 박수경

Another beautiful girl from Korea. Apparently she was Miss Maxim South Korea. She deserves it.

Well that's for this weeks blog. I hope everybody had a good Spring break. Hopefully Summer will come very soon and school will end. 7 more weeks for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment