Saturday, June 2, 2012

Movie Reviews with halochief996: Snow White and the Huntsman


Whoooooo..... Man oh man has this week been just nonstop gaming and movies. Lets see I finished Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Solid game. Really fun with friends.

Bastion

Amazing game by the way. Really awesome music and awesome graphics.
Mass Effect 2 DLC and loose ends.

You know I just really want to play Mass Effect 3 and finish the fight. And I know about the internet rage (in fact the internet rage is the only reason I started to get interested in Mass Effect and actually start playing them) I don't care about the stupid ending. In fact I applaud Bioware for doing that because I don't want this series ruined by a bad quick money-making sequel.
Then I played the demo for the upcoming kinect game Steel Batallion.

Yeah lets just say that's a demo and the final game better be actually playable.
Other than that I've been playing some Call of Duty, Battlefield, and finally Max Payne 3.

Finally its released on Steam. Took them long enough. Its so far a pretty good game.
Anyway just trying to get all my games done because come June, I'm going to be in Summer School. Yep enough talking, let get on with this blog.

Snow White and the Huntsman


You know Kristen Stewart is not that bad looking. I mean she is pretty much famous because of a stupid vampire movie called Twilight. And because of all that fame, she is hired to do some other movies that don't involve vampires that sparkle. Also Chris Hemsworth is pretty cool. He was a badass in Thor and The Avengers. So when I saw a movie that involved these 2 and a really beautiful actress that I've known for a long time named Charlize Theron (hottie). I was pretty excited. And the many trailers that I saw of it, in a way hyped me up. Yeah there was way too much hype for this film.
Plot: If you remember when you were a kid, your parents may have told you the story of Snow White, or at least saw the awesome Disney movie of it. This is basically another interpretation of the classic fairy tale. Produced by the same people who made the new Alice in Wonderland movie, the story is about a princess named Snow White. The evil queen kills her father and takes over the kingdom, however she is losing her power. And the only way to keep her power and remain young and beautiful forever is if she consumes the heart of Snow White. Fortunately Snow White escapes into the dark forest, and the queen calls on the services of the huntsman to hunt her down and bring her back. The huntsman at first accepts but changes his mind rather quickly. One he is amazed at her beauty (reminds him of his wife), and two the queen makes a false promise that for some idiotic reason, her brother has to tell the huntsman. Its up to Snow White to save the kingdom from the evil queen with the help of the huntsman, the seven dwarves, and the prince and duke's army. A pretty good interpretation and adaptation of the fairy tale. The story does a good job advancing itself (especially with the queen's brother just telling the huntsman that the queen is not going to keep her promise) without having to go into deep explanations about the lore and world of Snow White.
Genre: Its an action fantasy movie. Coming from the producers of Alice in Wonderland, they sure do know how to make favorite fairy tale stories into action flicks. Its not a bad thing, and in a way it gives the movie more substance and makes females so powerful and dangerous. One thing I will say about this film, is that the special effects are amazing in this film. There is some beautifully created set pieces, environments, and worlds, plus some awesome magic. The fight scenes are also pretty cool but a few are very shaky. Sometimes you can't really tell whats happening but it creates a good intense atmosphere. The acting is mediocre though. Chris Hemsworth does a good job with his thick accent and carefree tough spirit. Charlize Theron is hot in some scenes (every time she uses magical powers she gets older), and makes a very good evil queen. As for Kristen Stewart she does a good job being Snow White, up until one part where she is making a big speech which really didn't sound inspiring at all. Or maybe it was the sound. Because in some parts of the film, I found it hard to really hear Stewart. Either the theater I was in how bad audio, or they filmed with some bad audio equipment
Overall: Its not a bad film, but definitely not the best. Too much hype, and the movie is just average. The sound at times was not great, and the script writing I have to say was not really written well, making the story move up fast, and the character's intelligence questionable. If you are into fairy tale movies, this is not a bad film to watch. Anybody who is a Twilight fan should watch this. For me I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't really buy this on DVD. One time watch for me or I'll just torrent it.
7.7 out of 10
 
Asian Star of the Week

Angela 'Angelababy' Yeung Wing
Born: February 28, 1989 (age 23), Shanghai
A popular model from Hong Kong. She is pretty hot and cute. And her name sounds sexy, Angelababy.










Well I don't know about you, but I'm excited for E3. I can't wait to hear all the announcements and big changes in gaming this year. Of coarse I will be in summer school, but I think I can record it on GT using fraps, or maybe I'll record it on Spike using my DVR. Anyway can't wait. Hope enjoyed this week's blog. Happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment