Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Movie Reviews with halochief996: An apology from halochief996


Hi, so I know its been a while since my last blog.  But lets just say my favorite website, Gametrailers, where most of my blog posts are, decided to undergo a makeover.  So I've been trying to make sure I have all my blog posts, which I should have.  Also I've been busy with school, and life.  So to those of you that follow my blog closely, I'm very sorry for this long delay.  So here is the deal.  I am going to post the blog post that I posted on GT, but not on Wordpress.   Also I will be posting another blog post about some movies that I saw but just didn't write reviews about just yet.  If all else fails, just expect a big review on the biggest movie coming out on 7/20.  You know what it is.  So without further to do, here is a blog post from I guess 3 weeks ago.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter


You know there a movie with strange titles and also strange stories (like Cowboys and Aliens). When I first hear of this movie, I was like whoa Abraham Lincoln is a Vampire Hunter. Plus the guy who made Wanted, which is one of my favorite films made this one. Of coarse we all know that Abraham Lincoln was not a Vampire hunter, but hey that makes for a good story right?
Plot: As the title says, the famous president that led the USA through the Civil War, and united America, had a secret life. He was a vampire hunter. When he was young his mother was killed by a vampire. When he grew up, he sought revenge. However while seeking for revenge he meets a man named Henry (Dominic Cooper). And this man teaches him how to kill vampires. And so Abe Lincoln goes on a quest to kill every single vampire in America. However he soon has a life. He marries a beautiful girl named Mary (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), has a kid, and becomes president. However the vampire become impatient with him, and try to destroy him and claim the United States for themselves (by joining the Confederacy and then killing everybody afterwards). Can he protect his family, save the United States, and win the Civil War? A crazy story with some historical backdrops. Really creative I have to say.
Genre: Its an action flick with a few cheap scares that may make you jump but not scream in horror. Like Wanted you have a lot of slow mo fight scenes and special effects. This movie is presented really well. I watched it in 3D and it looked really cool. However there was one fight scene I was disappointed with. There was too much smoke and things were going a little too fast to the point it was cool but confusing. The acting was pretty sharp. Everybody gave a descent performance. I didn't think Mary Elizabeth Winstead could do a good job like this. I mean she can do almost any role (from Badass chick from Die Hard 4 or Scott Pilgrim to a western lady). The movie was entertaining.
Overall: A strange movie with a creative story that was entertaining. I enjoyed the movie. Its nice to see something different and weird once in a while. However it wasn't worth a 3D movie ticket. If I were you, I would watch this in 2D and at a matinee time. Or just rent it on DVD. Its one of those you can enjoy if you want to see something crazy different in a while.
7.5 out of 10


Asian Star of the Week

洪詩涵 / Hong Shi Han

English Name: Angel Hong Shi Han
Birthday: January 7 1988
From: Taipei, Taiwan
Dam. That girl is cute. And she is from my family's country. Taiwan definitely does have some beautiful girls. I can support that because I've been there many times. Anyway this girl is in a TV show called Wo Yao Bian Cheng Ying Shi Zi which means I Want To Become A Hard Persimmon / Wanna Be A Tough Guy. I think I may just watch this show just to stare at that girl. That's usually what I do when I watch Asian dramas. Don't even pay attention to the story just stare at the beautiful girls. Anyway Angel Hong Shi Han, you are cute.









Now if you guys wondering how I get my information about Asian Stars. Well some of it comes from watching Asian Dramas recommended by my family and friends, and trying to figure out who are the actresses. Of coarse sometimes pictures are hard to come by mainly because maybe they are not famous enough or there are so many Asian stars with the same name that its hard to figure out who is who in the picture (yes all Asians sometimes do look alike, not going to lie). But the best place where I get all my Asian Star information (and pictures) is this website called Red Flava. Here is the url:
If you guys can't wait for the next blog post to see a beautiful Asian star. Then head over to that ^ website. Also for each Asian star that I put on my blog, I don't put all the pictures so check that website out to see more
To close up this blog, I want to give a shout-out to my 2 best friends. It was fun night hanging out with you guys hopefully we can do it some more. I hope you guys enjoyed this blog. Happy Gaming.

OK yeah after I posted this realized that's an old movie.  Well stay tuned for other reviews.   And get pumped for the new movie coming out on 7/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment